Sunday, January 15, 2012

Hikes with the Niagara Bruce Trail Club

In the past, all of my training has been on flat roads in the area where I live.  We have no hills in this immediate area at all.  So in September, I joined the Niagara Bruce Trail Club. There is a hike schedule posted and there is no commitment to attend hikes - just go whenever you want.  The hikes are through-out the Niagara area and are just off the most travelled roadways - hidden treasures.  There are hikes every Saturday and Sunday as well as on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.  I can never make the hikes during the week because of work, but the hikes on the weekends are awesome, the hikers are all very friendly, and joining this group is one of the best things I have ever done.  I have posted some pictures from the hikes I attended in the fall of 2011.



















3 comments:

  1. The photos are great Tim. What inspiring places to walk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing what is actually right in your own backyard. I have lived in this area for 14 years....and most of these sites are just off of the main highways. But if you never get off of the main highways, you never see them. I am really glad that I joined the local hiking club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete