Thursday, June 7, 2012

Update

I figured I'd better do an update because my Blog says that I am 51 - and last week was my birthday - so I need to update it and tell folks that I am now 52.

A week ago I hiked with the Bruce Trail Hiking Club - my first time out with them in a while.  On the Saturday, we hiked for 2 hours, and on the Sunday which was my birthday, the hike was 1.5 hours.  Both hikes involved going up and down hills and at a good pace as these mostly retired hikers can really walk fast.  My knee was very sore after the hikes but I really enjoyed spending my birthday hiking through the woods.

Then this past week I had to go to a place called Thunder Bay for work. I was there for 5 days. It is a 16 hour drive north of where I live, so I flew up there - which is a 2 hour flight.  But by the time you drive to the airport, go through security, wait for your flight, land, etc. that all takes about 6-7 hours - so you save about 10 hours by flying.  It is a very nice scenic area, but very cold in the winter often dropping to -30C.  I lived there for 7 years in the 1980's, but prefer to live in the Southern Ontario area where the winters are warmer, and shorter, and the spring, summer, and fall are longer.

I will post below pictures from both the hike and the bottom 6 pictures are from Thunder Bay.  Remember, if you click on the pictures, you will enlarge them.


















No comments:

Post a Comment