Sunday, April 29, 2012

No More Knee Stories

I saw the new physiotherapist twice last week.  With the first place I went to (14 times), he would put an electronic stimulator on my knee for 20 minutes and then give it ultrasound for 5 minutes.  I was in and out inside of a half hour.  The new physiotherapist has determined that the issue is not so much the knee itself, but is  where the hamstring muscle joins at the knee.  She gives the injured area a very deep massage and then applies heat to it for about 20 minutes.  They then treat it with ultrasound and also used another device (but I forget what it was, duh!).  She then does lots of stretches, almost bending me into two.  Unlike the other place where I limped out of the sessions, when I leave this new place after the one hour sessions, my knee feels great!  So after my second treatment, I tried walking 5 kms on Wednesday and it went fine - a bit of pain but much better.  I took Thursday and Friday off and then walked 5 kms on Saturday - a bit better than Wednesday and walked again 5 kms today and it was a bit better than yesterday.  So, I will continue with the therapy (3 times scheduled for this next week) and unless something very different happens, I will post no more knees stories.

On today's walk, which was flat and around local roads in the area I live - it was sunny and a pleasant 13 C.  I am not sure if it was the bright sun, the lingering effects of the anti-inflammatory medicine that I am on, or what - but after the 4 km mark, I think I seen a giraffe!  Maybe I pushed it too hard and was over-tired!  You have a look and tell me what you see!  Finally, around the next corner, I was back home.
Heading out from my house
Then turning down a dirt road
Almost Home
Heading back towards my house



This is not a cow or a horse!!!!

Home Sweet Home :)  







1 comment: