Sunday, April 22, 2012

On the Road to Recovery


My expression when I found out that I had to have a needle in my knee!!!
I received the cortisone injection in my knee on Tuesday.  I took Wednesday off of work and the knee felt like new!  I wondered why did I have to go through the past eight weeks with all of the pain and physio treatments when a simple needle could fix it?  On Thursday morning, the knee once again was perfect but after driving two hours for meetings in Toronto, it was very sore and after the two hour drive home, it actually gave out a couple of times.  Friday I limped all day at work - Saturday was a bit better, and today (Sunday), it feels much better and I really look forward to meeting the new physiotherapist on Tuesday and beginning my road to recovery.

I looked back in my log that I keep of all of my training.  In November, I walked 598 kms, in December it was 300 kms, then 451 kms for January, and 432 kms for February.  Then after the injury, it was 90 kms in March and so far, 18 kms  for April.  The ironic thing is that I hiked through all of the wind, ice, snow, and cold - and now that the nice weather is here, I am not hiking.  I really miss it and hope that next week I will have all good news to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment