Sunday, July 22, 2012

Bruce Trail Hikers

I was able to get out twice this weekend with the Bruce Trail Hiking Club.  On Saturday, we hiked from a small town called Dain City along the Welland Canal to a lakeside town of Port Colborne and back.  The hike was 16 kms long and took 3 hours and 7 minutes.  The temperature was 29C, which is funny because if you look back to one of my posts from January, we hiked the same trail - only it was -18 C.  A big difference.

Today (Sunday), the club hiked around the Glenridge Quarry.  I remembered to bring my camera today so there are a few pictures from today's hike.

Oh, and don't let me forget, last Tuesday, by far the hottest day of the year - it was with humidity factored in, 47C or 117F - I led three people from work down into the Niagara Gorge for what turned out to be a two hour and forty-five minute hike.  I really enjoy hiking down there, but I was totally drenched in sweat.  Next Saturday's club hike is down there.








1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim! I am back from France, so I have been reading your new posts on your blog! Run out of words....NOT! Great to see that you are still walking and Enjoying it so much! Sunny greetings from Holland.

    ReplyDelete