Sunday, July 15, 2012

Friday the 13th!

We just had the second Friday the 13th for 2012.  There was one in April.  Every Friday the 13th motorbikers from all over North America converge onto the small lakeside town of Port Dover, Ontario.  The town has a population of about 6000 people, but on Friday, there were over 150,000 bikers there, and some estimates had it as high as 200,000.  It is the biggest one day bike event in North America.  This time, for the first time, we camped there.  My brother, his wife, and our niece stayed two nights.  I just stayed the one night. It was very hot there with the temperature being 35C or 95F.

I have not been hiking much.  My knee still bothers me a bit, and now my achilles tenden is bugging me.  I am hoping that rest will help it.  Here are some pictures of the biking event.
















No comments:

Post a Comment