Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pictures, Part 4

I went for a walk today.  I added an extra loop and when I measured it in the car, it turned out to be 5.5 miles, or about 9 kms.  It felt good to be walking again.  I walked on my first day home from the Camino, but my knee hurt afterwards.  I was hoping that the hurt was coming from the 30 hour trip home.  Today, there was no pain.  I hope you enjoy this segment of pictures - there will likely be two more after this one.

No real way of knowing how old this church was, but it was amazing inside as you will see by the pictures below



OK, so I am a sucker for medevil bridges

More churches










Now in the city of Melida, which is famous for its octopus

Pulperia is Spanish for octopus


This section of Spain had enormous oak trees


Can you imagine how much these rock slabs weight and the building of this by hand?




There were a lot of bikers, and most of them wore their skin tight bike suits.  The bikers always seems to pass you on a downhill section and went by very fast.  Most did not have bells but instead, squeaky brakes applied to prevent from hitting you.



A window repairman could make a lot of money in the countryside of Northern Spain

Notice how tall the oak trees are compared to the hiker

I seldom take pictures of graffiti but this one had me laughing out loud.  It was towards the end of the Camino.

This massive church was in Lavacolla

Sunrise in Lavacolla

This monument was built on Monte de Gozo to celebrate when  Pope John Paul held World Youth  Day there.  The mountain, or at least very large hill, overlooks Santiago

This was the very first view of the city of Santiago

No comments:

Post a Comment