Tuesday, October 2, 2012

I'm Back!!!

Returned from the Camino.  I have over 4000 pictures to sort through and will try to post them by the end of this week - well some of them at least.

In re-reading my last post, I did not explain what had changed in making it possible for me to go.  I apologize for that.  I think it was because now that I was going, it was a real panic to make all of the arrangements.

Here is what happened.  I went to my doctor for a regularly scheduled appointment.  He asked if I was really excited about going to the Camino and I told him that I had cancelled it.  He asked why because I was so excited about going last time I had seen him, which was about 6 months ago.  I told him that my knee was really acting up - some days I was limping pretty bad.

He asked how my arthritis was and I told him it was under control.  So he said that he would just concentrate  his time looking at my knee.  He removed two syringes of fluid from my knee and gave me an injection of cortisone.  He said that I was to take it easy for two days - and then I would be as good as new.  And I was.  So it was off to the races - or in my case - the Camino.

Stay tune for some pictures and a story or two.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you made it Tim. I'm with your doctor on that one. Whatever it takes to make it possible to be on the Camino, I'll do it! And I'm glad your doctor helped you do it too.

    Good on you Tim! Now start planning for the next one!

    ReplyDelete