Monday, March 12, 2012

Doctor

 I did not walk until Wednesday and then tried 5 kms at work.  Every step was painful and the knee was very sore that night.  But I wanted to try it out as I had a doctor's appointment the next morning.

The doctor said that the pain was coming from swelling in the knee.  She prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs and said to continue walking but maybe not so far and to walk on flat surfaces for now.

I asked her about going to physio-therapy and she said that I could if I wanted.  So my first physio-therapy session was Friday.  They hooked my knee up to a machine that sent electric current through it for 20 minutes which made it really tingle.  I do not think it made any difference to the knee, but it was only the first session.  I will be going there again next week.

I walked 5 kms on Saturday on the flat roads around my house.  Every step had a bit of pain with it, but manageable.  Maybe this is something that you just have to work through?  My biggest concern was continuing walking and making the knee worst but neither the doctor or physiotherapist seem to think it will.  On Sunday I walked another 5 kms and although there still pain, I think it was a bit better.

We will see what next week brings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment