Sunday, March 4, 2012

Seinfelt Episode - Much To Do About Nothing

By Monday, my knee was so sore I could barely put weight on it.  So I shut down all of my training - completely.  All week I worked through my lunches like I did for too many years instead of going for noon hour walks.  I was completely lost with myself this weekend missing the 3+ hour Saturday hike and today's 1.5 hour club hike.  I was so bored that today I went out into the backyard and picked up sticks from a recent windstorm.

So I apologize but this blog entry is much to do about nothing - like a Jerry Seinfelt episode.  I have no hiking stories to report.  Instead I thought I would list some of my hiking gear that I have gathered so far. See below.
Beach Towel that folds very small
A sleeping bag that is smaller than a baseball
My backpack with crests

Still experimenting with different socks
Passport or 'credential'



I wish this was me in the picture


Headlamps for seeing in the dark

These shoes are so comfortable - may take them instead of hiking boots



1 comment:

  1. Bloodied but unbowed eh, Tim?

    Healing thoughts go to you and your knee. You still have plenty of time to return to your training condition!

    ReplyDelete