Sunday, March 18, 2012

Things are looking up!

My knee feels much better, although still by no means back to normal.  I have been going on shorter, 5 mile walks that are on flat surfaces.  I have had three physio treatments so far with three more scheduled for this coming week.  The physiotherapist says that the more walking I do, the better it is for my knee.  I am hestitate though as the knee is sore when I am walking.  Tomorrow will be the first day that I am going back off of the anti-inflamitories again.  I want to see what the knee will be like without them.  Hopefully by next Sunday I will be able to tell you that the knee is all better :)

On a happier note, I think I have finally found the perfect sleeping back for me.  It weighs less than 2 lbs, is big enough for my big body, and provides more privacy that the sleeping sack which I pictured in a previous blog.  We will see.  I think it is about the 4th or 5th bag I have bought now.  Still trying to figure out how to deal with rain.  Poncho, rain jacket, umbrella, all three, or maybe nothing.  I am sure a rain on a 30C day would feel good.







MEC Caravan Sleeping Bag +10C
Weight: 1.18kg (Long)
This generously cut bag provides plenty of room, even if you’re a large or lively sleeper. The roomy foot section permits your feet to find a relaxed position without fighting the bag or crushing the insulation. A full length zip lets you convert it to a comforter on warm nights. For all its luxury, the Caravan still comes in at a reasonable weight and packed size.

  • Shell is polyester. Lining is nylon.
  • Insulated with Hyperloft Eco, with 50% recycled content. Offset-quilt construction to prevent cold spots at the stitching lines.
  • Drawcord with single-point adjustment.
  • Roll top stuff sack included.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going better with your knee, Tim!
    Best of luck with your ongoing training!

    ReplyDelete